The melon baller
scooped out my soul so cleanly
not a trace was left
8/26/10
When the worst happens
it becomes the new normal
but worse things lurk still
it becomes the new normal
but worse things lurk still
8/26/10
In my misery
I am thinking in haiku
short bursts of sadness
I am thinking in haiku
short bursts of sadness
8/26/10
Summer is ending
so long, so hot, so so sad
I hate this season
so long, so hot, so so sad
I hate this season
8/26/10
An unhappy man
brings unhappiness with him
and smothers all joy
brings unhappiness with him
and smothers all joy
8/26/10
For better or worse
but only just once
is what my vows should have read
I drank up my 'for worse'
while waiting in vain for 'for better'
to come.
Now where am I?
For poorer for sure
In sickness? In health?
The defeated lawyer in me could argue
that I've used up one 'worse'
and one 'sickness'
or vice versa.
Not two 'for worse' or
Two 'in sickness'.
Inconstant lover
Failing at the second sign of weakness
Did I, in your mind,
break my vows
by needing too much?
but only just once
is what my vows should have read
I drank up my 'for worse'
while waiting in vain for 'for better'
to come.
Now where am I?
For poorer for sure
In sickness? In health?
The defeated lawyer in me could argue
that I've used up one 'worse'
and one 'sickness'
or vice versa.
Not two 'for worse' or
Two 'in sickness'.
Inconstant lover
Failing at the second sign of weakness
Did I, in your mind,
break my vows
by needing too much?
8/14/10
No comments:
Post a Comment